City Services Available Online
Many of the services offered by the City of Victoria are available online or can be requested online.
The City of Victoria has put together a list of the City's most commonly requested applications and permits.
The building, plumbing, mechanical, fire suppression and alarm, zoning, and right-of-way permits are all available in the City’s online permit portal.
- Sign in or create an account on the online permit portal.
- Fill out the required information and submit the application. Certain permits may require a review before processing. If there is a cost associated with the permit, payment options include a credit or debit card (requires a 3% processing fee) or with an electronic check (no processing fee).
- Print permit and make available onsite for inspections.
There are several business permits that are available to fill out or download online.
- Eat Street: Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit Application
- Fireworks Display Permit Application (PDF)
- On-Sale Liquor at Community Event Permit Application (PDF)
- Sale of Consumer Fireworks Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Solicitor Registration and Hawker or Peddler Permit Application
There are several resident permits that are available to fill out or download online.
Office of the City Clerk
The city clerk has many statutory functions. The clerk and the mayor sign all official city documents (meeting minutes, resolutions, ordinances and more). The city clerk manages city elections and maintains official documents, minutes, ordinances, legal notices and licenses.
- Public meeting calendar
- Public notice inquires
- New ordinance inquires
- Filing for City Council Candidacy
- Election Questions
- Data Requests
- Planning Commission liaison
- Parks & Recreation Committee liaison
- Senior Advisory Committee liaison
The City of Victoria works to continuously review how services are provided to ensure the most innovative, cost-effective and efficient practices.
- Fee Schedule
- Inquiries about City Budget
- Questions about Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Inquiries about Property Tax and Special Assessments
The City of Victoria provides services for water, sewer, and stormwater utilities. Other utilities are owned and operated by other jurisdictions.
- Utility Billing Payments
- Utility Billing inquiries
- Point & Pay inquiries
- Move-in / Move-outs
- Appliance rebates
- Water quality questions
- Seasonal watering restrictions
Ordinances adopted by the City Council are compiled in the Code of Ordinances of the City of Victoria.
- Tree trimming / removal on city property
- Election sign complaints
- Broken streetlight
- Buckthorn weed wrench
- Street or pothole repair inquiries
In the City of Victoria, there are county and state roads in addition to city streets. The City of Victoria works collaboratively with Carver County and the Minnesota Department of Transportation on traffic and safety issues within the city.
- Snow plowing / salting on city streets
- Snow plowing on county roads --- View the Carver County website
- Snow plowing on State roads --- View the Minnesota Department of Transportation's website
- Damage caused by city snowplows
- Road construction questions and complaints
- Stieger Lake Lane W project questions
- County Road 11 project questions
- Arboretum Area Transportation Plan (Hwy 5) questions
- Residential speed limit campaign
- Overweight road restrictions – MNDOT (651) 296- 6000; Posted by MNDOT every spring/winter. Can request a temporary reduction through state
Parks, Trails, and Recreation
The City of Victoria’s Parks & Recreation Department offers a wide variety of recreation programs designed to improve the quality of life for all ages. The department also maintains the parks and trails system woven through Victoria. Through play, education, and events we grow individually and as a community. The City of Victoria Parks & Recreation Department offers a variety of park facilities for the community — both residents and non-residents — to rent as a private gathering space.
- Victoria Recreation Center inquiries
- Recreation programs
- Emerald Ash Borer Program
- Park and trail questions (maintenance, use, issues, etc.)
- Winter Lighting event
- Composting event
- Night to unite
- Citizens Academy
- Community Builders program
- Park Shelter and Pavilion Rental
- Athletic Field Rentals
- Victoria Recreation Center Rentals
Communications is an integral part of the City of Victoria's aim for service excellence and transparency. Stay up to date with current City of Victoria Communications by visiting the social media pages or signing up for the city news.
There are multiple ways community members can get give back to the City of Victoria and surrounding areas --- from volunteering to potential staff positions.
The Victoria Fire Department strives to minimize the impacts of hazardous and medical emergencies to our citizenry with integrity and compassion. The City of Victoria contracts police services with the Carver County Sheriff’s office. The contract policing allows the City of Victoria to partner with the county and leverage resources together to share and reduce costs.